Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Grateful Heart at Thanksgiving

I love this time of year. Although I'm grateful all year long, Thanksgiving gives our family a designated time to put aside for one another over a huge meal! Us Italians know how to eat, too! :D  I'm geering up for 19 wonderful family members arriving to spend a fun-filled week with my folks. I'm housing a few here but the festivities at at Mom's this year.  It's a change from what we've done for the last 11 years but since they recently moved here from Las Vegas they wanted to 'break in' the new house.  Be sure to count all the things you're thankful for this year!

Here are a few tips to creating this card. 1) I cut the cotton ribbon in HALF.  2) You'll notice that the cotton ribbon is stamped. I used the diamond pattern from the Border Banter stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink.  Be sure to give it a few minutes for the ink to set in.  It wasn't dry when I tied it but the stray ink sure made the ribbon look aged, which I loved.  3) I had cut the images by hand. I've been asked, and no, there isn't a framelit to coordinate. Aren't we Big Shot fans getting lazy?

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude (120835 wood, 121148 clear), Border Banter (128927 wood, 128930 clear)
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
  • Ink Pads: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand
  • Punch: 1 3/8" square (to make the banner tip) *You can view my You Tube video HERE for a tutorial on how I did this.
  • Ribbon: 7/8" Cotton Ribbon (127844)
  • Big Shot: Square Lattice embossing folder (119976)
  • Accessories: Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment