Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Praying for You

I feel this is one of the most overlooked stamp sets in the catalog!  The images are clean, simple and appropriate for men or women. The words are heartfelt and encouraging.  Here's a very simple rendition and a few tips to how I made this card. 1) I stamped the tree in a solid color and use the white gel pen to create small white dots.  It adds a lot of texture to this otherwise simple image.  2) The edges are corner rounded and sponged. 3) I used 2" pieces of ribbon to tuck behind the cardstock with the tree.  4) I used 12" of linen thread to make the bow; fold it in half, make your bow and snip the ends. A glue dot was used to attach it.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Thoughts & Prayers (113252 wood, 127805 clear)
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
  • Ink Pad: Soft Suede
  • Designer Paper: Comfort Cafe (126898)
  • Punch: 3/16" Corner Rounder (119871)
  • Ribbon: 5/8" Crochet Trim (118481), Baja Breeze Seam Binding (122331), Linen Thread ( 104199)
  • Accessories:  White gel pen (105021), Sponge (101610), Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment