Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ornaments abound!

I know this isn't a traditional Christmas card color but I loved the concept of the gray and red together.  A few tips that will help you recreate this card: 1) The Framelits can be used all at the same time on the Big Shot platform allowing you to run it through, just once, for all three different ornaments. 2) I used two pieces of ribbon on this card. The first is 3 3/4" long and the raw edges are tucked to the back. The second piece is 8" long and I tied a bow that is attached on top with a glue dot.  3)  The paper piercing tool and essentials pack allowed me to create a straight line of holes to mimic strings for my ornaments. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Ornament Keepsakes (128048 wood, 128051 clear), More Merry Messages ( 126400 wood, 126402 clear)
  • Cardstock: Basic Gray, Ridinghood Red, Whisper White
  • Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Ridinghood Red
  • Big Shot: Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816) - NOTE: This stamp set and the Framelits can be purchased in a bundle saving you 15% (129949 wood, 129950 clear)
  • Punch: Scallop Trim Border (118402)
  • Ribbon: Ridinghood Red 3/8" Taffeta (122988)
  • Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool (126189), Pierce Mat (126199), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment