Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tea for Two...or Three?


I LOVE tea; iced tea, hot tea, you name it. One of my favorite 'girly' places to go is to The Tea Room in town. I love the ambiance, the flavored teas, the pastries, the smell, the unique gifts they sell...well, I love it all!  I created this card with a vintage theme in mind.  Here are a few tips.  1) For some reason, most cards have a dark base then the colors graduate lighter towards the top. I did just the opposite here.  I used the Baja as the base and the Indigo, the darker color, as the top layer.  Mix it up. Try alternating your color layers.  2) Although the designer paper has the Ridinghood Red included I didn't want to over power the card with too much red so the cardstock behind the tea cup images is trimmed to 1/8" of an inch.  3) Who says the greeting can't be placed sideways?  I stamped my greeting on cardstock then punched it out and layered it along the side.  4) I used 5" of ribbon to make this knot that I attached with a glue dot.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Tea Shoppe (125545 wood, 125547 clear)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Ridinghood Red, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Ridinghood Red
Designer Paper:  Twitterpatted (125406)
Punch: Decorative Label (120907)
Big Shot: Fancy Fan embossing folder (127751)
Ribbon: Whisper White 5/8" Organza ribbon (114319)
Accessories: Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment