Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You are...

One of the stamp sets used on this layout was a gift from Stampin' Up! during this year's convention.  It's called "I Am" and is not available to purchase, although I hope that it appears in an upcoming catalog. The set includes the frame and words. Here are a few tips to making this layout.  1) Since I had 19 scrapbookers I knew having them stamp the frames then use the Big Shot to cut them out would be hectic so I experimented. To my surprise, this was one of those rare times where you can actually cut the framelit piece first then stamp.  The only exception were the words since they are a tight fit in the framelit.  2) To save time at the Big Shot, cut the words AND the Summer Starfruit piece at the SAME time. Put them both on the cutting mats, side by side, and run it through just once.  3) The flowers were stamped twice; once in Starfruit and again in Suede. I crumbled them up to give them some texture.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: I Am (Convention stamp set not yet for sale), Mixed Bunch (125535 wood, 125537 clear), Lovely Letters (115030 wood, 127796 clear)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
Ink Pads: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede
Designer Paper: Comfort Cafe (126898)
Big Shot: Labels Collection framelits (125598)
Punches: Boho Blossoms (119858), Blossom (125603)
Accessories: Dahlias (127556), Basics Glimmer brads (121003), Paper Piercing Tool (126189), Piercing Mat (126199), Glue Dots, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment