Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Get Whale Soon

I'm having a ball with the new Spring Catalog product! I've chosen this card to be one of the cards we'll create at my February 11th Chicks, Chocolate & Cards Class. It's not too early to reserve your space now as I anticipate that the class will fill quickly due to the new Spring Catalog.  You can find details about this class by CLICKING HERE.

 I spent three days making new projects using the new stamp sets and accessories.  I created this card with the help of my hubby.  He was sitting in my stamp room with me while I was playing this this stamp set. I had the colors chosen, some pieces cut out and I was trying to determine which way to lay them out.  He did the simplest thing...he turned the card around, rearranged a few pieces and voila!  Amazing how a few simple changes can create the perfect layout!  Here are a few tips: 1) I stamped the wave image and the water spout image first, then ran the top half of the Pool Party cardstock through the new Cloudy Day embossing folder.  2) I used 4" of new natural trim ribbon and adhered the raw ends to the back of the top layer. 3) I used 7" of Bakers Twine to make the bow and adhered it to the new silver button with a glue dot.  4) I stamped the words then punched them out with the Word  Window punch.  I adhered them to the top layer and trimmed the excess off from the side.  4) The small anchor is from the new Happy Whale Clearlits Die. 5) I placed a mini silver brad in the eye of the whale to coordinate with the button. 

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Oh, Whale (#129129 wood, #129132 clear)
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
  • Ink Pads: Pool Party, Night of Navy
  • Big Shot: Happy Whale Clearlits die #129403, Cloudy Day embossing folder #127022
  • Punch: Word Window #119857
  • Ribbon: Natural 7/16" Trim #129287, Pool Party Bakers' Twine #125574
  • Accessories: Silver Basics Designer Buttons #129325, Mini Silver Brads #122941, Paper Piercing Tool #126189, Pierce Mat #126199, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment