Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, January 18, 2013

I Dig You!

I created today's layout from one I saw on Stampin' Connection created by Deb Wood.  I thought the idea was so cute and unique that I wanted to incorporate it into my Stamp N' Scrap Class; a monthly scrapbook class where we create 3 double-page spreads.  You can find details about this class, and all my other events by CLICKING HERE. 

Here are a few tips to making this layout. 
  1. To create the 'dirt', I tore pieces of scrap Early Espresso cardstock. When you tear Stampin' Up! cardstock you'll see that it's colored all the way through but the torn side has a 'brushed' finish, which is great for texture.  
  2. I die cut the buttons that appear on this layout. EASY!
  3. The tires were stamped in Staz On Black, then punched out (with the exception of the back hoe which were easy to cut around) then mounted on Dimensionals.  I recommend purchasing the Black Staz On refill when you buy the ink pad. I find it needs to be inkly, lightly, regularly since this is a solvent based in (non-smearing).  
  4. I used the Silver marker to color in the hub caps on the tractors and on the joints of the back hoe.
 Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: I Dig You (#122720 wood, #122722 clear), Schoolbook Serif Alphabet (Retired 2011)
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  • Ink Pads: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Jet Black Staz On # 101406, refill #102566
  • Punches: 3/4" Circle #119873, 1" Circle #119868
  • Big Shot: Sweet Buttons Embosslit #121813, Ovals Collection Framelits #129381
  • Accessories:  Silver Dazzle Marker #128978, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive
  

No comments:

Post a Comment