Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jumping Through Hoops!


Oh, how I wish I could take credit for the design of this card, but I can't. A very talented demonstrator by the name of Diane Vander Galien is the one who came up with the original idea.  I made a few changes and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it came together using the new Oval Framelits.  Here are a few tips: 1)   Cut the white cardstock, for the base of the card 4" x 10 1/2". Score 2 5/8" from each end and fold.  2) You will need to use two oval framelits #3 & #5 to create the "hoop". 3) CAREFUL when you mount the whale so his tail is not in the way of opening the card. I had to move mine over on my first attempt.  4) I used the Cloudy Day embossing folder on the top half of the card. It's best seen in the first image above.  5) I added a rhinestone to the whale's eye and to the small heart next to the greeting.

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Oh, Whale (#129129 wood, #129132 clear)
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Marina Mist
  • Ink Pads: Marina Mist, Pacific Point
  • Big Shot: Cloudy Day embossing folder #127022, Oval Framelits #129381,Happy Whale Clearlits die #129403
  • Punches: Small Heart #117193, Modern Label #119849
  • Accessories: Glue Dots, Rhinestone Jewels #119246, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment