Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Playing Dress Up!

Catchy title, huh? I never was one for playing dress up when I was young but I have to admit that I love shopping and I love fashion so this Framelit caught my attention in the Spring Catalog.  There is a coordinating stamp set and Pop Up card form as well.  Check them out HERE.  I learned a few things about this project that I want to share with you.
  1. After you've die cut the dress and the form place your adhesive strategically. The first time I made one I put adhesive straight down the front of the dress form - a big no, no.  I recommend putting adhesive on the back side of the shoulders of the dress and then putting a strip of adhesive down the waist of the dress form, down, towards the bottom.  Since the dress is larger than the form I don't recommend putting adhesive on the dress itself since it will 'hang off the back'.  
  2. The button was created using the Sweet Buttons Embosslit. I love the fact that Embosslits emboss AND cut!
  3. Cut 1 1/2" of ribbon and put a glue dot on each of the raw ends and hide those to the back of the dress.  That's one tiny waist!
  4. Notice how I only used half of the Curly Label punch for my greeting? Experiment with your various punches and use only half. You will still have the impact of the punch image without competing with the card design on cards with more detail on the front.  
  5. I sponged around the edges of the vanilla cardstock. 
  6. The All Dressed Up, coordinating stamp set and the Dress Up Framelits can be purchased in a "bundle" to save you 15%, #131096 wood, #131095 clear. 
Supplies:
  •  Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370 wood, #127802 clear)
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi
  • Ink Pads: Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
  • Big Shot: Sweet Buttons Embosslit #121813, Dress Up Framelits #130101
  • Punch: Curly Label #119851
  • Designer Paper: Print Poetry Stack #129312
  • Accessories: Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment