I'm the first stop on the hop but when you finish here head over to Patty Coone's blog for more inspiration. There are 5 stops on this hop so be sure to hit them all, we are linked continuously. You've see we have an amazing group of talented stampers!
Hawaii Ink Spring Catalog Blog Hop
- Lisa Curcio – Lisa Curcio (you are here)
- Patty Coone – One Creative Coone
- Brooke Doerfler – Brooke Stamps
- Whitney Richardson – Whitney's Stamping Studio
- Jennifer Timko – Stampin’ on the Fly
tips: 1) I cut the heart doily in half, saving the other half for another project. 2) I used a strip of Sticky Strip on the edge of the scalloped ribbon so I could scrunch it and hold it securely in place. 3) The rose, inside the pop top, was created using markers. Because the designer paper has a variegated color concept between Calypso Coral and Primrose Petals, I used both color markers to color in the rose. I used the lighter color towards the center petals and the darker shade on the outer edges. 4) The small splatter/dots that you see were created using the Spritzer Tool with the Calypso Coral marker. You can't appreciate the color in the photo but it's so pretty in person. 5) I used the same color ink pad, Always Artichoke, as the cardstock, to stamp the greeting. It shows up great without competing with the embellishments on the card.
- Stamp Set: Collage Curios (#129099 wood, #129102 clear), A Word For You (#117032 wood, #120528 clear)
- Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
- Ink Pad: Always Artichoke
- Markers: Always Artichoke, Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals
- Designer Paper: Tea for Two #129311
- Punches: 1" Circle #119868, Scallop Trim Border #118402
- Accessories: Artisan Embellishments Kit #129328, Sticky Strip #104294, Soda Pop Tops #129388, Very Vanilla 1/2" Seam Binding #120999, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive