Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Won't you be mine?

It feels like we just packed up Christmas decorations and now we're getting ready to take out Valentine's ones?  I have to admit, though, I love holidays. They create a certain anticipation to normal every day life and I certainly love decorating for them. I have a hutch in my dining room and I decorate for EVERY holiday. I have expanded that location to the guest bathroom as well, which my customers enjoy when they come to class. Sometimes they just 'go to the bathroom' to see how it looks.  :D

I created today's card with the banner concept. Banners are HUGE right now. Although this card is very simple let me give you a tip about creating the banner tails.  Since the designer paper strips on this card are all the same size, I stacked them up and punched the tips all at the same time, using my square punch.  Don't attempt this with too many layers or even with 2 pieces of cardstock because it will be too thick for your punch but for a few pieces of designer paper, it worked wonderfully and makes them all uniform. I taught how to create the banner tip on a video and you can watch it by CLICKING HERE

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter (#129249 wood, #129252 clear), Delightful Dozen (#122650 wood, #122652 clear)
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pool Party
  • Ink Pads: Primrose Petals, Pool Party 
  • Designer Paper: More Amore #129309
  • Punch: 1 3/8" Square #119877
  • Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter Framelits #130159 - NOTE: You can buy the stamp set (wood OR clear) in a bundle with the framelits and save 15% #131098 wood, #131097 clear)
  • Accessories: Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon #126844, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Love the little collage you built form this cute sketch.

    ReplyDelete