Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sick...ick!
Seems there's been a lot more people sick this 'winter' (I use that word loosely in Florida) then in years past. I got the flu shot and thankfully, I have not gotten it! I've had a few people I know even get the Norovirus so "sick" cards have been gravely needed.  I whipped up this quick card so that I could send it to either a man or woman. Tips:
  1. I used two different color markers to color in the words. Be sure to "huff" (the Darth Vader technique) to remoisten your stamp before you use it.  
  2. I punched the words out with the Decorative Label punch. I also punched another piece from Lucky Limeade cardstock.  I cut the Lucky Limeade piece down the center then bordered it on each side of the sentiment. This tip works well with the Curly Label Punch and the Modern Label punch. 
  3. The Designer Paper border is just strips of scrap. I found no need to waste that much behind the Chevron embossed area. 
Supplies:
  •  Stamp Sets: Word Play #120308 wood, #120651 clear, Perfectly Penned #122890 wood, #122892 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
  • Ink Pad: Lucky Limeade
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
  • Designer Paper: 2011-2013 In Color Collection #122384
  • Big Shot: Chevron Embossing Folder #127749
  • Punch: Decorative Label #120907
  • Accessories: Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment