Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Under my Umbrella!
As I wrote that I thought of the Rhianna song. Living with a teenager will do that to ya!  I got this card idea from one I saw on the exclusive website for Stampin' Up! demonstrators; Stampin' Connection.  I featured this card during my Card Class in February and at a workshop last month.  Here are a few tips:
  1. The white cardstock is double layered; a bottom layer as the card base and another that measures 4"x4" that I embossed with the Cloudy Day folder. It's mounted on Dimensionals to the base for added depth.
  2. After I stamped the images and mounted the umbrella top I used the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack to pierce a heart around the umbrella. 
  3. Markers were used to color in the words.
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Rain or Shine #126775 wood, #126777 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze
  • Ink Pads: Baja Breeze, Real Red,  Jet Black Staz On
  • Markers: Basic Black, Real Red
  • Big Shot: Cloudy Day embossing folder #127022
  • Accessories: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack #126187 OR FREE DURING Sale-A-Bration through March 22nd. Sale-A-Bration details can be found HERE. Paper Piercing Tool #126189, Pierce Mat #126199, Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon #126875, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment