Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

I am a proud wife of a 23 year USAF retired SMSGT, so every patriotic holiday is a big deal to us.  My husband served all over the world during his 23 years, lots of them without me in tow.  Our military men and women (and our cadets) are Americans that protect the freedom we enjoy every single day.  Today's post is dedicated to them.

A month ago my husband was asked, by a family friend, to be his "First Salute" during his Commissioning Ceremony.  Those of you that know anything about the military know that the Silver Dollar Salute is a big deal.  My husband and I have watched this young man grow into a responsible leader and we were proud to spend the day honoring him. 




2 comments:

  1. That is absolultely beautiful! Thank those men for their service to our country!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tammy! Sorry for the delay in my reply, I was having computer issues with the comment section of my blog. I appreciate the kinds words!

    ReplyDelete