Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

LIGHT ME UP, BABY!

 LISA'S FUN STAMPING FACTS:
  • I love vintage items.  One of my most treasured is my grandmother's old singer sewing machine.
  • I make loads of cards each month, too many to count!
  • I make about 6 scrapbook pages a month.  
  • I stamp with 85 different people a month.
  • I use over 1,000 Dimensionals in 30 days.
......and......
  • I absolutely LOVE 3D projects!  

Today's post is a 3D project I designed using a baby food jar.  Remove the label, wash and make sure it's good and dry before you use it.  ((ask me how I know this!))  I measured to see how tall I wanted the doily before I cut it. I used SNAIL Adhesive to adhere it and it worked great. I tried spray adhesive on the doily but it was difficult to get smooth and tricky to work with.  I used three 1 1/3" Scallop Circles punch and one 7/8" Scallop Circle punch to create the flowers.  I dampened them with a little water and crumbled them up. Unfold them carefully and stack them, using a brad to adhere them together.  I put a pearl over the brad.  Wait until the flower is completely dry before trying to adhere it.  Once the flower is dry, the petals are firm and it won't lose its shape.  I added 7" of Natural Trim Ribbon to the neck of the jar using Sticky Strip and another 3" for the two 'tail's under the flower.  These would make great favors, pencil holders and small gift jars (save the lids and decorate those, too!)

CAUTION:  I used a battery operated candle in this jar.  Use extreme caution since the ribbon, on the neck of the jar, is flammable. 

Supplies:
  • Designer Paper: Soho Subway #130140
  • Tea Lace Paper Doilies #129399
  • Punches: 1 1/4" Scallop Circle #127811; 7/8" Scallop Circle #129404
  • Ribbon: Natural Trim #129287
  • Brad: Mini Silver ##122941
  • Pearls: Basic Jewels #119247
  • Accessories: Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercing Mat, Piercing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment