Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Play on Words

That's what this card is about today...words. I've used lots of them.  I used the Dictionary background stamp (stamped off one time so it was lighter) on the base of the card. I then used the words from the designer paper. 

After I created the card I thought the top edge "needed something" so I added a standard, ole' paper clip and tied a little chevron ribbon to it.  I frayed the ends a bit but I think the card is still suitable to give to a man.  I also sponged the edges of the base of the card to make it appear aged.

Supplies:

  • Stamp Set: Best of Shelli #133488; Dictionary #130348 wood, #130351 clear; Lots of Thanks #129687 wood, #129690 clear
  • Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla
  • Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Jet Black Staz On
  • Ribbon: Basic Black 3/4" Chevron #130010 (I used 4")
  • Designer Paper: Modern Medley #126926
  • Accessories: Paper Clip, Stampin' Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive 
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment