Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Hummingbird

 My monthly Card Class features a new "Best of" Series stamp set each month.  The good news is you can still purchase sets that have already been unveiled. CLICK HERE to see the selection.  During 2013 if you purchase 6 sets you will receive a FREE, $14.95 during 2014.

After embossing the woodgrain to the base of this card I used a sponge to lightly cover the ridges with Crumb Cake ink.  The flower was made from two punched, scallop circles that I crumbled up and then flattened out.
Did you know that the hummingbird flaps its wings 80 times a SECOND?  Yep!  Their wings are comprised of iridescent feathers.  Because of the energy used they consume a huge amount of food.  (I knew I liked them for a reason!)

Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Best of Shelli #133488 (clear mount only)
  • Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Primrose Petals
  • Ink Pads: Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake
  • Designer Paper: Natural Composition #126917, 2013-2015 In Color Paper Stack #130136
  • Big Shot: Woodgrain Embossing Folder #127821
  • Punches: Hexagon #130919, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle #119854, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle #127811
  • Accessories: Pearls Basic Jewels, Stampin' Sponges, Distress Tool #127562, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive


Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for tips, creative inspiration, promotional items and event information. It's free!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment