Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Circle punches play double duty!
I've got a great reason to make baby cards!  Eight weeks ago my newest great-nephew was born! (I have two and love them to pieces!) I created this card using the same stamp set from yesterday; Moving Forward. Purchase of this stamp set provides $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  I'm the assistance lead at the House on Davis Island here in Tampa, FL where they have 12 guest rooms that house families whose children are receiving advanced care at Tampa General Hospital.

Here's a few tips about making this card. 1) I markered in this solid image stamp so I would have several different colors on one image. Once you're done markering it, huff on it to moisten the ink (I call this the 'Darth Vader technique') and stamp.  2) The circle punch is used to create the sun AND also to create the waves. After you cut your designer series paper, use your circle punch UPSIDE DOWN, so you can see where you'll be cutting. Insert the paper in part way and punch. Create different depths to make the waves uneven giving it a more realistic look.

Supplies:
Moving Forward stamp set
Itty Bitty Banners
Twitterpatted Designer Series Paper
Whisper White cardstock
So Saffron cardstock
Markers: Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Riding Hood Red ink pad
Big Shot
Banner Framelits
1 1/4" circle punch
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Dimensionals
Paper Snips
SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment