Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Scrappin' Christmas

...just using my scraps to make Christmas ornaments!  How many of you love Pinterest?  I first saw this ornament idea on Pinterest.  I only made these six and at Wednesday's Pamper Me Pink Expo/Vendor Fair, I sold them!  I'll be making more.  They were so easy! Here are some tips to making these.  1) I picked up a package of glass ornaments at a local craft store. Lots of these stores offer coupons so be on the look out for additional savings.  I prefer the glass ornaments to the plastic ones due to the clarity.  2)  Cut strips of designer series paper (DSP). I used 1/2" x 12" strips.  3) I used my bone folder to 'condition' the paper, breaking down some of the fibers to make it easier to curl. 4) Wrap the DSP around a pencil.  I did it twice, once from each end so it was nice and curly. 5) Place the curls inside the ball and carefully recap.  If you've ever opened an ornament you know that the prongs on the top can get stuck inside.  6) I cut 5" of ribbon and tied them through the ornament loop. There is still plenty of room to add a hook to hang it from your tree. 7) Stamp words and punch them out. 8) I added Linen Thread to the 'neck' of the ornament to hold the tag.  9) The red ornament is actually the acetate and flocked paper from the Candlelight Christmas pack.  It was a lot tougher to curl but it was gorgeous! This picture doesn't do it justice.  Experiment with different textured papers.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Merry & Type (pg. 13), Mixed Medley (Holiday pg. 39), Greetings of the Season (Holiday pg. 8)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Papers: Candlelight Christmas (Holiday pg. 4), First Edition (pg.162), Neutrals Collection (pg. 162)
Ribbons: 5/8" Crochet Trim, 5/8" White Organza, 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Basic Gray, retired), Linen Thread (all on pgs. 173)

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Lisa! I love the vintage look of these and the curled paper!! Wonderfully created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Theresa! I consider that a HUGE compliment coming from you, the Queen of Paper Crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why we all look up to you. You inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally in love with these!!!! Okay if I CASE??!!! Pinning them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Great idea for craft fair!@They are now on my CASE list too Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CASE away! You never need permission to CASE from me! I'm all about sharing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete