Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hello!


I can't take credit for this idea. I saw it on the exclusive Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.  The gallery holds thousands of ideas and this was one idea I couldn't wait to R&D (rob and duplicate!)  Here are a few tips to making this card.  1) I drew a very light pencil line across the card to help align the letters when I stamped.  2) Stamp the "L" in the center first, then work your way out. This will help you keep it centered.  3) Using a sponge, gently swirl ink over the letter. Remember to use a LITTLE ink. You can always make it darker.  4) The top samples uses a flower punch to accessorize the words and the bottom sample uses the Dahlia.  5) I added a white gel pen 'dot' to the center of the punched flowers. 

Supplies:
  • Morning Post Alphabet #126590 wood, #126592 clear)
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, (if punching out the flowers you will also need; Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green & Summer Starfruit)
  • Ink Pads: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit
  • Punch: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack  #118309
  • Accessories: White Gel Pen #105021, Glue Dots, Sponges #101610, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, ruler, pencil & eraser

No comments:

Post a Comment