Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The FIRST Christmas!
When I first saw this stamp set in the Holiday Catalog I thought of "Away in the Manger".  The set only has 4 pieces but I absolutely love it. It's meaningful and simple.  If you'd like to recreate this card, here are a few tips. 1) I stamped the image of baby Jesus and the start FIRST, then punched them out. I tried it the other way, punching first then stamping, but it never fit right. I typically always stamp first, then punch.  2) The edges of the circle and the words are sponged in Summer Starfruit ink.

Supplies:
  • Stamp set: First  Christmas #127988 wood, #127991 clear)
  • Cardstock: Whisper white, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink Pads: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • Punches: Modern Label #119849, 2 1/2" Circle #120906
  • Ribbon: Summer Starfruit 3/8" Stitched Satin #126846
  • Accessories: Sponges #101610, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment