Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Loving You...inside out!


Yep, this card opens backwards!  It's the "Backwards Fold Card" and super fun to make. It certainly challenges our 'thinking' because we are so used to creating a card with the fold on the left.  I created a Make It Monday video on this new fold and you can view it by CLICKING HERE. Tips: 1) I used a sponge in Sahara Sand ink to distress the color of the white doily.  2) I used a Sharpie marker to color in my pearl.  This tip is wonderful for coloring not only your pearls but rhinestones, too! Try it! CONFESSION:  The small heart on the front of the card (do you see it, at the bottom right edge of the designer paper?)...well, it's covering a boo-boo.  I accidentally ripped the designer paper when it stuck to my work surface. I was so mad....!  So, I used this as an opportunity to "embellish" my mistake. 

Supplies:
  • Hearts A Flutter (#129249 wood, #129252 clear), That's the Ticket (#128072 wood, #128075 clear)
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Pool Party
  • Ink Pads: Real Red, Pool Party, Sahara Sand
  • Designer Paper: More Amore' #129309
  • Big Shot: Scallop Circle die #113468
  • Punch: Ticket Builder #126883, Small Heart #117193
    • Accessories:  Artisan Embellishments Kit #129328, Tea Lace Paper Doilies #129399, Basic Pearl Jewels #119247, Stampin' Sponge #101610, Sharpie marker, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment