Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

There She Blows!

I do like this stamp. The variety of words make it so much fun to use. Here I've created the card to be a Get Well....well, a Get Whale card.  Here are a few tips to recreating it:
  1. I used the oval framelits to make the opening in the front of the white cardstock. I used framelit #2, this would be the second smallest.  Remember, use Tab 2 with framelits.
  2. The framelit will leave you with a white oval (the negative of the opening) which I used to stamp the waves on. The waves were stamped in a combination of both colors and I even 'stamped off' a few of the waves to get the graduated colors.
  3. When mounting the oval, do it from the front of the card, through the opening so it's aligned perfectly. 
  4. The whale was cut out using the new clearlits die and it mounted on Dimensionals.  Be sure his tail fits in the opening or the card won't open and shut. Ask me how I know this! :D 
  5. The faux waves were created using the embossing folder. I created the top set first then put the cardstock back in and embossed again. This 'de-embossed' the first set a little, making it lighter, but it looks really awesome in person....lots of texture.
Supplies:
  •  Stamp Set: Oh, Whale #129129 wood, #129132 clear
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Marina Mist
  • Ink Pads: Marian Mist, Pacific Point
  • Big Shot: Happy Whale Clearlits Die #129403, Ovals Collection Framelits #129381, Adorning Accents Folders #125601
  • Punch: 1" Square #124094 (to make the banner tip)
  • Accessories: Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon #126878, Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment