Metamorphosis at its Best!
Ah, butterflies! They are so delicate, so gentle and so beautiful but the most interesting thing about them, in my opinion, is that they morph from a caterpillar to this gorgeous, thing of beauty. I've morphed this butterfly into a key chain using Soda Pop Tops. Yesterday I posted how I smashed them in the Big Shot to create a flatter version, great for cards and 3D projects. Below I've listed some tips to make your own key chains or even necklaces.
- After your Soda Pop Top is smashed, use the 1/16" circle handheld punch and punch a hole between the notches and attach a jump ring.
- 5" of chain, attached a connector to it. (This is the same chain and connectors used on ceiling fan pulls)
- I stamped and punched the images as shown and attached them with a generous amount of SNAIL adhesive.
- Add Crystal Effects to the entire center, filling it but not allowing it to overflow from the sides. I also added a dab to the jump ring to seal the connection of the two ends.
- Allow to dry for about 1-2 hours.
- Stamp Sets: Hearts a Flutter #129249 wood, #129252 clear; Collage Curios #129099 wood, #129102 clear
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
- Ink Pad: Jet Black Staz On #101406
- Marker: Pumpkin Pie #105115
- Soda Pop Tops #129388 $3.95 for 16 pieces; 8 each, large & small
- Punches: 1/16" Circle handheld #101227, 3/4" Circle #119873, 1" Circle #119868, 7/8" Scallop Circle #129404
- Accessories: Crystal Effects #101055, Chain, connector, SNAIL Adhesive