Creativity for a Cause

Creativity for a Cause
Stampin' Up! is a global sponsor for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. As the assistant lead for Stampin' Up! at the Tampa, FL location, I provide the House with hand-stamped cards for families to use during their stay. Contact me to help me create cards for this worthwhile cause.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vintage Friend
I love vintage stuff. There's something about knowing it as shared by someone else a long time ago, during another era, that intrigues me!  I'm the proud owner of my grandmother's sewing machine.  When she passed away many years ago I was the 'crafty one' in the family and I got possession of it. She taught me about crafting (although I'm a horrible sewer!).  Today's card was created during my monthly Chicks, Chocolate & Cards Class. The next class is on May 13th and we'd love to have you join us. Check here for the details.  Here are a few tips if you'd like to recreate this card:
  1. The words are stamped on a piece of vanilla cardstock. I used the Framelits to cut it out and then cut off one end of the 'tab' on the right.  The other 'tab' is used to secure the brad.
  2. The brad is the new builder brads. I eliminated the clear bubble that comes as part of this accessory and, instead, added one flower from the flower trim with a glue dot.  
  3. The ribbon are two pieces cut at 2" each. I pierced them through the brad to hold them together.  
Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Feels Good #129681 wood, #129684 clear
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla
  • Ink Pad: Early Espresso
  • Designer Paper: Fan Fair #126918
  • Punch: 1/16" Circle Handheld #101227
  • Ribbon: Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim #118481, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta #122981
  • Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits #127003
  • Accessories: Paper Doilies #129399, Build-A-Brad #129329, Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim #126869, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment