Here's how to pleat the doily:
- Fold the round Tea Lace Paper Doily in half.
- Fold it in half again. This should now look like a slice of pie or fan shape.
- Open up the doily and you'll find the creases from the previous two folds.
- Cut on one of those creases, just past the center.
- Begin to pleat your doily. Be patient. Until you get the pleats on how you want them to lay, it's perfectly fine to flatten it out and start over. Just be gentle not to tear the doily.
- I used SNAIL Adhesive to adhere it to the card.
- Add a border of designer paper or ribbon along the raw edges of the doily to hide any imperfections.
- Stamp Set: From My Heart #132207 wood, #126557 clear
- Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Island Indigo
- Ink Pad: Island Indigo
- Big Shot: Oval Collections Framelits #120381, Labels Collection Framelits #125598, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder #130917
- Designer Paper: Venetian Romance #130144
- Accessories: Pearls Basic Jewels #119247, Tea Lace Paper Doilies #129399, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive
Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter and get tips, creative project ideas, promotion information, class and events schedules and much more! It's free!